NLEC School of Riding
At NLEC we provide a safe, professional, rewarding and fun learning environment for both riders and horses. Elaine and Alastair are both qualified New Zealand Equestrian Federation (NZEF) registered instructors and Alastair is a listed Dressage New Zealand judge.
At NLEC all of the instruction and coaching we provide is in the ‘classic’ or ‘English’ style of riding and compatible with the riding style that is promoted by the New Zealand Pony Clubs Association.
We aim to provide clients with the skills to be safe and effective riders – whether their aim is recreation or competition.
Getting Back in the Saddle
We find it particularly rewarding working with riders who are returning to riding after a break and are looking to get back into the sport and rebuild confidence.
We are happy to provide instruction and coaching on clients’ own mount.
NLEC has a range of facilities available for teaching including:
- 60 x 20m all weather dressage and training arena;
- jumping paddock and range of show jumps;
- various secure yards and stables; and
- access to large areas of tranquil private farmland, river rides and quiet country roads and tracks for escorted hacking out.
- Private Lesson 1 hr $55 own horse
- ½ hr $35.00.
- Shared Private Lesson $45 each.
- Group Lesson (min 3 max 5 riders) $35 each